By Douglas Holt, Douglas Cameron
How can we clarify the leap forward industry luck of companies like Nike, Starbucks, Ben & Jerry's, and Jack Daniel's? traditional types of technique and innovation easily do not paintings. the main influential rules on innovation are formed by means of the worldview of engineers and economists - construct a greater mousetrap and the area will take realize. Holt and Cameron problem this traditional knowledge and take a wholly various procedure: champion a greater ideology and the realm will take detect to boot. Holt and Cameron construct a strong new idea of cultural innovation. manufacturers in mature different types get locked right into a kind of cultural mimicry, what the authors name a cultural orthodoxy. ancient alterations in society create call for for brand new tradition - ideological possibilities that upend this orthodoxy. Cultural thoughts repurpose cultural content material lurking in subcultures to reply to this rising call for, leapfrogging entrenched incumbents.
Cultural approach courses managers and marketers on the best way to leverage ideological opportunities:
- How managers can use tradition to out-innovate their opponents
- How marketers can determine new marketplace possibilities that enormous businesses leave out
- How underfunded challengers can win opposed to type Goliaths
- How expertise companies can keep away from commoditization
- How social marketers can increase companies that entice greater than simply fellow activists
- How subcultural manufacturers can escape of the 'cultural chasm' to mass industry luck
- How worldwide manufacturers can pursue cross-cultural suggestions to reach neighborhood markets
- How agencies can maximize their innovation services by means of heading off the emblem paperwork trap
Written through top gurus on branding on the planet this present day, besides one of many ads industry's top visionaries, Cultural Strategy
transforms what has regularly been handled because the "intuitive" part of industry innovation right into a systematic strategic discipline.